Portfolio Resume Websites
Building your online portfolio is the easiest way to give the world easy access to your amazing work.
According to a Forbes articles, 56 percent of all hiring managers are more impressed by a job candidate's online portfolio than any other branding tool. However, only 7 percent of job seekers have an online portfolio. And if you don't own one yet, here are 4 reasons why you should:
Why You Need a Portfolio Website
Portfolio resumes are a fantastic way to highlight your successes and demonstrate your abilities. There's nothing quite like seeing how a professional has embraced creativity. Each page is an opportunity to tell a story. It helps potential clients or employers screen candidates and distinguish between talk and results.
- Increased visibility - Your job search is all about getting your name out and marketing yourself as a professional. Aside from your resume, cover letter, and networking, having a portfolio website in this competitive market can become your edge among other applicants.
- Added value to your job application - A professional website allows you to go beyond your resume or cover letter. There is also greater flexibility when creating your portfolio. You can add photos, images, previous work, writing samples, website designs, and more.
- Accessibility - All the professional information will be accessible anywhere from any device if you have an online portfolio. The next time someone asks for a copy of your latest resume, you can point them to your website.
- Reflection - A portfolio can be used to show your creative side, assess your own skills, and boost your confidence when needed. It allows you to look back on your accomplishments, past projects, and identify any areas of improvement.
Portfolio Website Essentials
At Bizgro, we build the perfect portfolio website that will get you hired. We highlight your best work and add the following essential elements into your portfolio:
- Responsive design - Responsiveness is a vital aspect of your website. A large chunk of web traffic comes from mobile devices and tablets, so you want to make sure you're meeting the needs of your site visitors. It's not just about your overall web design - we also incorporate images that seamlessly scale up or down to all screen sizes.
- Right platform - We utilise the perfect content management system to create your online portfolio, thanks to the easy-to-use interfaces offering some great options and drag-and-drop functionality. If you want a custom coded website, we can do that, too!
- Custom domain name - A custom domain name offers a sense of ownership and credibility to your website. It comes free for platforms like Squarespace or we will help guide you in getting your own domain name that fits your budget.
- Personal branding - We make your portfolio design stand out from the millions of professionals through personal branding. Whether that's a unique logo, professional headshot, slogan, strategic content, or graphics that reflect the essence of your work, we ensure your potential clients or employers remember your website among the sea of faces when they are looking for talents.
- Blog - Blogging can help improve your credibility and establish yourself as an industry expert. We write fresh, optimised content and keep up with your blog to make your website more discoverable.
- Social media buttons - Social media sites have become game changers for the hiring and recruiting industry. That's why we integrate social media buttons to enable your visitors to explore your online presence and voice elsewhere. Do you want to make your Linkedin profile an employer magnet? Click here
Make a good impression, gain enough clients + more profits. Build your portolfio website today!