When you need to find answers to specific questions as efficiently as possible, discussion forums are one of the best resources. Because users are able to share news, ideas, and information about a wide range of topics, these type of networks are perfect for market research. Advertising in these platforms is also possible using the right methods, though you'll need to be careful to keep your ads and posts separate.
With discussion forums, you can:
- Gather user-generated insights – Actual participants in discussion forums are real people with varying opinion, and if you are involved in a discussion that is related to your niche, they are your potential customers. If that discussion is about a product, people will share their first hand experiences or what they expect from the product. That’s the voice you should listen to.
- Find topics related to your products – Are you formulating a new beauty product? There’s a discussion for that. Are you creating a new fitness app? Join fitness and tech forums. You may find like-minded people there who can help you come up with unique and exciting features. You see, there are a lot of online discussions with organised topics and with a simple keyword search, you will eventually find what you are looking for.
- Check out what’s trending – Discussion forums are full of trending topics waiting for you to be explored. Chances are, your customers will always have a need for something even if a similar product is already out there. You can use it to your advantage, explore new technologies, and research the market even more.
These are the most popular discussion forums where people go to find out what everyone is talking about and weigh in on it:
- Quora - Businesses can benefit from Quora, a Q&A community by actively participating in conversations. You'll definitely want to follow any topics that are related to your business so you can answer new questions that pop in and eventually build authority. [Here are more reasons why your business should be active on Quora]
- Medium - A blogging platform, an online magazine, a social blogging platform - Medium has been called a lot of things. It offers businesses several potential benefits such as hassle-free blogging and expanding their reach to a built-in audience. [Discover the benefits of using Medium as your platform for publishing insightful content]
- Reddit - Reddit is an entertainment and news site where users can share content. Once you've built up some Karma and decent posting history, you can harness the power of Reddit to grow and improve your business. If you have a product or service that thrives on interacting and gaining feedback from people who aren't shy about expressing their opinions, Reddir is a great place to create a community. [Check out these tips for promoting your business on Reddit]
- Tumblr - A social network and microblogging platform, Tumblr has its own beneficial features and niche audience. Use of Tumblr as a blog allows you to extend your professional brand, share content, network with other bloggers, and engage followers. [Find out if your business fits in on Tumblr]
- Digg - Digg is all about sharing and discovery. People love amusing stories so as long as you make your submitted content interesting, you will get a chance to hook your audience. [Become part of the Digg community and make it work for your business]
Contact us today and find out how discussion forums can benefit your business. We have a brilliant marketing team which is always set to deliver positive results to your market research and social media needs.